Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday Stuff

I spent the morning working on bits and pieces of UFO / WIPs.  This is my temperature quilt representing the first 3 weeks of January.  It's folded upon itself in this photo to get a feel for the color distribution.

The daytime high is 2" wide strip and the low a 1" strip.  Our temps have ranged 0 to 50 degrees over the past 2 weeks, with most 30-40

This quilt will finish about 80 x 102.



I wasn't ready to tackle the popsicle quilt and decided to start on something that takes less thought.
Evolution is some improv piecing taking off from a HST set on the right of the picture.  I found a couple orphan blocks (bottom) and a free sample of a dragonfly camo material that I got free from Spoonflower as a promotion.

Filling in with some neutral colors went pretty quickly.

I decided to cut one of the orphan blocks in half.  Here's me playing with some placement options.

Here is where I'm going to leave this project for the day.

Not hating it.

Not loving it.

Like using up bits.

And now to watch football and crocheting the cardigan.

No comments: