Monday, April 27, 2015

Biggs Blocks


After my last post, I realized that I had the house to myself and decided to settle on to the couch for some hand work.

My cat is only a "lap cat" if I am trying to do some hand work.  This slowed my progress somewhat.

Thanks to "speaker phone" I was able to catch up with a friend while making these fussy little stems.  The center star and buds stitched as well as the bottom flower.  About half of the other flowers basted in place.

Needing to feel some accomplishment, I moved on to working the greenery on this block.  Bottom done and the right one started.

And more flowers basted in place.


I just realized that there is a 4th block I haven't started and the 5th for the year comes out in a couple days.  

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Looks like progress. My cat sits on my lap when I want to knit. Not a good thing.

Raewyn said...

Oh yes, totally relate to 'helpful' pets! Good on you with the applique progress - I like your fussy cutting.