Sunday, March 15, 2015

"Learning Curve" Finished!

This quilt is officially finished and renamed from "Fall Stripes" to "Learning Curve".  The original plan had been to quilt a variety of leaf themed motifs.

Instead it became random fills.
(Matrix)
And failed concepts.

(This winged Warrior just looks like a Harry Potter Golden Snitch to me.)



I am still mystified about how I ended up with a parallelogram with one seemingly straight edge and one stair-stepped.  But I decided to just bind it that way as though it was an intentional part of the design.

My favorite supportive comment on the crisis was from Archie the Wonder Dog who noted "Very odd!  Still, people aren't rectangular so why should quilts be?!"


Sadly, washing it a second time in hot water did not shrink up as much of the slack as I had hoped. And it faded out one of the very cheap green fabrics that I unwittingly used abundantly throughout the quilt.
 In many ways I like the back even more than the front.  I always considered this the "Spring" to the "Fall" theme I started on the front.

So, it's off to my friend Carol.  Perhaps a metaphor for your new diplomatic mission?

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I don't think there is such a thing as a wrong way, and Ilove your creative solutions.