Monday, March 3, 2014

Group project

I have managed to add a new project to my must finish. A "neice" of my extended family is getting married in May. Unfortunately, the 3 of us who want to make a quilt for her live 300 miles apart from one another.  After a brainstorming session, the cream backgrounds hitched a ride from Utah. I pulled some lavenders from my stash.  Will need to buy a few more to get to size.  The goal is something muted and modern. Hope Idon't  hurt myself with that stretch from my norm.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

I don't know what size quilt you want to make but I made a quilt outside of my comfort zone for a modern young woman last year. If you go to my blog, Priscilla's Workshop at http://priscillas-workshop.blogspot.com and go to the second page of the gallery(under Pages not Posts), it is the very last one on that page. I used the old-fashioned melon slice pattern but appliqued it rather than piecing it and modernized it with both fabric choice and scale. You could even do the applique on a machine to speed up the process using your machine's blindstitch and clear thread for the top thread. It makes for a striking quilt that is quite modern while also being reminiscent of older quilts.