Friday, February 10, 2012

Tie Quilt Solved

It isn't everything that I'd hoped for, but it is better than it was.  By pulling the yellows out, I no longer hate it.  The greens show up more in the photo than they do in person, but the blue/yellow I don't like in person disappear here, so I guess it all averages out.

I'm thinking about backing this with minkee, and skipping the batting.  That should make a very soft quilt that shows off the drape and shine of the silk.  I'm now calling it an "Executive Woobie"

5 comments:

Lynne said...

It sounds like you're not entirely happy.

Julie Fukuda said...

I think it looks fine. All that silk is a lot of work!

Deborah OHare said...

Well done. I imagine it was not easy wrestling with all of those ties.

Carol said...

Love the name. LOL. Ties are so pretty but so hard to work with.Will it have to be dry cleaned? Can you dry clean minkee?

quilthexle said...

Taking that pale yellow out was sure a very good idea !! The green now gives a bit of a "zing" to the top but does not overpower it. LOVELY !!